Thursday, February 26, 2009

my students are sometimes adorable

Here's a short cultural presentation put together by two of my first-years for some students visiting from England.

Names changed to protect the identities of those responsible.

Hello, nice to meet you.
My name is "Yuki". My name is "Shin".
This class is little time though please make friends with us.
I belong to a kendo club. I belong to a tennis club.
What clubs do you belong to? Let’s talk proudly and complain about our club.
Kendo is very mental sport. You practice kendo and become the strong mind.
I am a strong fencer! "Yuki" is a samurai!
Tennis is a gentlemanly sport and learn the good manners. I’m a gentleman.
If you played tennis, you would be interested in tennis.
Do you take a bamboo sword? So, you are Japanese samurai!
Wow, you are cool.
By the way, please listen to yours.


Ha ha ha, the samurai and gentleman bits made me smile. How charming they can be when they try.

1 comment:

All Is On said...

There are no words to describe the mixture of squee and hilarity.