Wednesday, June 3, 2009

how to make a silent blog

One part busyness, two parts laziness. Shake with ice and serve with a sprig of mint.

Really, though, it's Mongolia that's holding me up here. So much happened, and it was all so utterly different from Japan, that I feel compelled to share the trip in excessive detail...and it's taking forever.

But somewhere in the semi-near future, I intend to finally put up the series of posts recounting our adventures with the Mongol hordes. So please continue to be patient!

Thanks,
The Management

5 comments:

Eric Shonkwiler said...

How are you liking the Murakami?

And Fleet Foxes? Have you listened to J. Tillman solo?

Annabelle said...

I'm enjoying the Murakami so far. I can actually see commonalities with Haruki Murakami, though some of that may be the style of Japanese writing and how it is translated into English.

I love the Fleet Foxes, particularly "Mykonos," "Ragged Wood," and "English Houses." But I don't think I've heard any of J. Tillman's solo stuff...what would you recommend?

Eric Shonkwiler said...

I found him too extreme. All shock, no content.

Everything of Tillman's is excellent. I enjoy him more than the Foxes. Try "For an Hour With You," and "Labourless Land."

Guy Incognito said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guy Incognito said...

I never thought I'd see the day where you felt too lazy to write.

There's something just not right about it....like me taking criticism with humility and grace instead of threatining bodily harm.