Friday, May 30, 2008

Totally impractical.

The words to describe my approach to pre-departure preparations.

Instead of sending in necessary forms, which is timely and important, I keep making abortive packing maneuvers. Observation: it's nigh impossible to begin packing for a trip that is two months away, especially when you're either still using or don't yet own the things that need packing.

Tonight I spent ten minutes ineffectually moving around toiletries, fifteen minutes cleaning out my closet, ten minutes putting things in my closet, and at least half an hour trying on the ridiculous (and in some cases, outright bizarre) articles of clothing that I had weeded out for the Salvation Army. (Or, as my father likes to call it, Starvation Army.)

My already half-hearted attempts at productivity were interrupted by this man:







He's so schmoozy cute in that last one that I want to die, just a little bit, and in a good way.

4 comments:

Katie K said...

That man is an aberration - a beautiful, lovely, if disturbing aberration.

If you find any logical or simple way to prepare for a trip that lasts a year... please let me know. :S

Annabelle said...

I know, right? I'm totally disorganized about this whole thing, despite my best efforts. Curses! :P

Also: I have acquired a handful of Vitas mp3s, through my usual suspect means. Let me know if you want any. :D

Eric Shonkwiler said...

I like the first video. The hooded musicians are great. Charon totally plays the accordion while he crosses Styx.

Katie K said...

YES! Send me a note when you expect/hope to be on AIM next and let's see about sharin some muzak! (I've acquired some questionable Swedish metal)

You saw Farewell My Concubine, right? That movie about the rise and fall of the Chinese opera through the rise of communism? Great movie - I see it's already been said on the internets but Vitas seriously reminds me of that genre of singing, if more melodic.